You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Differentiating by Interest
Differentiating by Learning Profile
Differentiating by Readiness
Tech and Differentiation
This group will identify a framework that teachers can use in planning for differentiation using current best practice models.
1. Search for articles that this group should read over the break - best articles. Post them on this wiki.
2. Everyone will read the articles and post notes on the Notes page (Please add your name.)
1. Three or Four meetings to determine the framework.
2. Communicate the framework with the LT to share out with divisions.
J. Piccolo: Book:
Differentiation from Planning to Practice Grades 6-12 by Rick Wormeli
Breaks down different instructional models for differentiation and gives practical real examples of how to differentiate lessons for different disciplines (math, science, language arts...). Good practical resource.
SL - Carol Ann Tomlinson's presentation on Differentiation -
MMH - There are a number of excellent resources on differentiation from ASCD that I purchased this summer and am reading:
1. Exploring Differentiated Instruction by Cindy Strickland - this is an excellent resource with structures and materials ready for a Professional Learning Community to explore to learn more about differentiation.
2. Professional Development for Differentiating Instruction by Cindy Strickland - this is a set of action tools to be used for staff development to increase understanding and use of differentiation.
3. Tools for High Quality Differentiated Instruction - This binder has many articles and relevant staff development activities to be used to learn more about differentiation.
4. Role of Assessment in Differentiation - This ppt was shared during a conference-
5. Presentation by Carol A. Tomlinson -
- this has some resource
Learner Constructing meaning PYP.doc
Using Instructional Websites to Differentiate
SL - Someone has created this webspace --
Found another great resource -
Article by Carol Ann Tomlinson - Differentiating Instruction for Advanced Learners in the Mixed Ability Middle School Classroom -
Principles of Differentiation --
Carol Ann Tomlinson's
-- this is a Google Book
Resources for Differentiation --
A good resource -
This is a free, online, user-friendly, searchable database to help educators identify and compare assistive and learning software and products and related research for students with special needs. The TechMatrix allows users to create custom searches for mathematics, reading, writing, and assistive access devices and programs.
A presentation by Vicki Davis -
A website process version
Approaches to Differentiating Instruction Six Terms.pdf
Key Principles of High Quality Differentiation.pdf
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"